Saturday, September 20, 2014

Warhammer Fantasy: March of the Dwarfs!

I've picked up another army. Cryx is still going extremely well for the League, but I can into some cash and invested in an army I've had my eye on for awhile: Dwarfs. I've always wanted to play Dwarfs, but moreso in a general sense. I love Dwarves. Always have, always will. They have a special place in my heart, regardless of the mythos, lore, or fluff tagged onto them. So instead of spouting army list ideas and desires, I'll just toss my conversion your way for Mr. King 'ol Mighty:

Dwarf Lord with Shieldbearers

This guy is a tough, high wounds beatstick. I've had a few games already with my Dwarfs, but lacking a suitable Lord miniature with shieldbearers has been an issue for any sort of proxy - so here is my result to remedy that issue, and I'm very happy with the direction it's taken.

Edit: Updated for this evenings working progress:


Edit edit: Quick update. Got most of the cloth work done and should have it completed tonight. But I think I have my Thane BSB /w Great Weapon all set to get based and have a few green stuffs added here and there:

Edit edit edit: And the Thane BSB is complete. Waiting for greenstuff drying times and he'll be ready for priming and painting!


Edit edit edit edit edit edit edit ;) Last edit, I promise. Last update before the final Lords and Heroes painting is completed:



No comments:

Post a Comment