Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Astra Militarum - Dudesmen

     Having a very frustrating morning. Between the power going out in waves due to a downed line (or something) and the tedious nature of painting guys en masse, I'm calling it for the day. Progress is at a good point, I feel. While I'm only painting up 12 guys, it's two more than I'd like to - with one of them being a weapon team.
     But can't play Astra Militarum without some Dudes. Once I streamline the process and only do squads/lots of 10, it'll be much better. I'm basically just at painting all the black areas various shades, and just started the basecoating for that. Here's the progress on one of them, which puts them all in the same spot as far as quality. I will say I'm happy with the quality versus the time I'm spending on them, and will decide if I want to keep this standard or make it a bit more simple.
     I'll note that I'm looking towards painting tons of dudes while playing this army, so I want them all to be the same standard and not take forever to paint.


These guys will be done tomorrow at the latest, and with my three days off coming up I plan to paint up some more tanks if I can buy/get them built. The tanks will paint quickly, so I'll use any free time to just relax since I'm really feeling like I need to break and chill for a day or two to refuel (and I don't just mean for painting).

Update 5/19:

     I got some more work done, but this is all taking longer than I thought. I finished blacking out all the areas, and am closing in on home stretch. All that's left are black highlights (which should go by pretty quickly) and then some metal. I have all day at the house to myself, so I hope to finish these guys and prep some more tanks I grabbed last night (4 Leman Russ ones!).


No comments:

Post a Comment